Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Potter - so what ?

Am I alone in not having read a Harry Potter book ? It seems that people will go to extraordinary lengths to obtain copies or spoil young people's anticipation. I recall some coverage of the fact that Potter may have boosted literacy levels amongst young people - I hope so. The closest I got was to join the kids to see one of the films, the last one I think.

Of coure I couldn't resist buying Campbell's diaries and it will be my main read when the holiday week arrives soon (but not soon enough ..) However it seems Campbell is also falling foul of our technolgy and I wonder how long before we get to on line literature replacing paper, like on line music.

Then again perhaps I already read as much on line (blogs etc) as I do in hard back version.

No comments: