Wednesday, October 18, 2006

£21 bilion non event ?

I am getting a little suspicious. I wonder whether Cameron has set up a couple of commission's to provide some barmy ideas that he could dump as a sign of new strength ?

Save post offices, fund the health service, extend public services - but cut £21 billion. I think not. We wait to see.

By the way what do we loose in Wales to save £21 billion ???? I hope Nick Bourne has his calculator out given the Tories wish list in the Assembly budget negotiations.

2 comments:

Peter Black said...

Maths are not my strong point but, depending where the cuts fall, (i.e. providing that they affect Barnetised expenditure only) we would lose £1.2bn.

Martin Eaglestone said...

and I hope we will press Nick Bourne on how the Assembly 'wish list' can be funded if the revenue will decline by such sharp amounts.