Monday, November 06, 2006

Blogger questions blogger

Richard Brunstrom used his blog to stir up some views on the government making a "mess" of Police funding :

"Then another budget meeting. We’re going to have to downsize, and I have to plan for it. The government has got police finance into a really dreadful mess and is seemingly in complete denial. We’re going to have to take the consequences - and so are you. Still, nil desperandum"


So I thought I would react calmly and use his blog to ask for a briefing paper on why he thinks this is ? There is a balnce between central and local funding and North Wales has I feel pressed the local element hard in recent years. Why has this made a mess ? The reform/abolition of Police Forces debate was a one off and does not in itself explain abudget crisis.

I await the Chief Constable's response so some considered judgement can be given to the issue.

No comments: