Saturday, November 25, 2006

Eaglestone and Pwllheli - the Bush factor !

Local newspapers sometimes throw up entertaining and unexpected links. Let me explain. For some time I have been a voiciferous supporter of an expansion to Pwllheli marina, as I consider it one of the town's few assets that can be used for a general economic uplift. I remain of that view even though Pwllheli now falls outside of the new Arfon constituency.

However my support for the expanded marina has now lead to the label as a "budding George Bush" in the letters Page of the Caernarfon Herald. It is a fanciful flight of imagination that links some boats bobbing around inPwllheli marina with the US President and my influence on politics in North West Wales. Amazing, and a reflection of the warped logic which afflicts economic opporunity in North West Wales.

No comments: