Sunday, August 13, 2006

So much to read ... so little time

Well here I am, a few days in to the blogging and what a pleasure to join the lists of bloggers4labour. But how can we cope, with so many varied and interesting views to read but so little time in the day ?

The Sunday papers are challenging, but with the news of the Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Al Qaeda links and so on I am reminded that my recent summer holiday reading (can it really only be 2 weeks ago) was John Simpson's "A mad world, my masters". An entertaining read but in my 2001 edition it covered John's experience - do we learn from history ? - in Lebanon, Iraq and Iran etc.

The Observer today quotes John as being an example of a culturally innaccurate reporter. Perhaps true, although I note he is not directly mentioned in the comments attributed to the BBC, but he is a reporter whose life experiences bring a significant value to news we receive.

1 comment:

Luke Young said...

Just thought i'd drop by and say good job and all the best