Thursday, February 15, 2007

Impartial press ?

I know it doesn't always help to pick an argument with the press, but with the weekly help we can all see being given to the Conservative candidate in Aberconwy I thought I would send off the following letter to the Daily Post :

Dear editor,

As a Labour Party candidate in the elections to our National Assembly on May 3rd can I possibly request that your paper provides me with the same facility as Dylan Jones Evans who seems to have been given a weekly permit to write material favourable to himself and his campaign. I have no objection to reading Dylan's views, as I beleive debate is the lifeblood of democracy, but I would hope as a regular purchaser of your paper that other candidates might get the same opportunity so that readers have a balanced view of the many issues they will vote upon this May.For example when writing about health issues I might like to report Labour's record investment in our NHS and to contrast Dylan's words with the record of his own party when last in power.

Yours sincerely
Martin Eaglestone
Labour Party candidate
Arfon constituency

I wait to see whether other voices are even allowed on to the letters page !

No comments: