Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The calm before the storm ?

It is easy at such close quarters to over emphasise the importance of any series of political events but I struggle to remember anytime when the arrival of a new Prime Minister, and the potential for agreement on a new government for Wales, both falling on the same day opened up such new political territory.

I still feel Brown's arrival could lead to more change then is currently anticipated (whether feel or hope I must ponder further!!?) . Meanwhile in spite of some severe grumblings in several quarters about Plaid leading or following we edge towards the Red-Green option, although given the obvious tensions I do not hide from the fact things could go pear shaped if anyone takes their bat and ball home.

Any way I look forward to an interesting Wednesday, new Cabinets and Red-Green issues.

No comments: