Thursday, December 20, 2007

Roots.......

Someone recently asked me how I got in to town and country planning and it made me reflect on a number of issues. An awareness of the environment via fishing on the Afon Gwyrfai, and wandering Cefn Du. One specific event I recall was the saving of the Cromlech boulders in the Llanberis Pass. By the wonders of Google I found Harvey Lloyd's recollection of this event.

I know now it has little to do with town planning as such but it was one local event which sparked an awareness of the local environment and via various means I ended up on the Planning course at Birmingham Polytechnic (what them ?).

One little bit of Eryri's splendour and a career in planning - until that is the people have the good sense to overthrow their evil Plaid Cymru dictatorship for a caring face of Labour.....

No comments: