Monday, March 03, 2008

About 40 years ago !!


Life stories - This shot has come to hand which shows "Siop chips" Waunfawr (the one near Caernarfon, not Aberystwyth) just before it was demolished and rebuilt about 40 years ago-snow on the ground. What a fine figure of a working lad that was.The 'new' siop chips is still there and serving great fish and chips friends tell me.


Thankfully with the election of a Labour government in 1997 child slavery was abolished in the UK.

It was about this time I met Dylan Iorwerth who lived in Waunfawr, now MD at Golwg, who (as I recall) is probably celebrating Spurs victory at Wembley. I taught him all he now knows about Welsh literature. That's Dylan's street cred gone in some circles. However I think Golwg deserves a decent slice of the new print monies as they produce a quality product in an attractive format.

No comments: