Saturday, March 08, 2008

How that then ????

I suppose it was the spin they wanted because some Plaid AMs have apparently "refused" the pay rise. How did that work ? Have we the evidence that they had submitted evidence against the possible uplifting to recognise their extra responsibilities ?

As far as I know the Assembly has to vote on the recommendations and, if passed, then the pay rise will apply with allowances review to follow. If the group concerned vote no then that's okay by me. See earlier post. I suppose they might even put the extra pay in to some special community fund - I would be happy to administer Alun Ffred's for him locally to ensure fair play.

However with other Plaid people voting yes it is inevitable the 'refuseniks' also gain in terms of eventual pensions etc etc.

No comments: