Monday, January 15, 2007

Limits to a journey ?

One of Labour's big acheivements is to recognise the diversity which exists within the UK and to introduce some elements of constitutional change that seem unrivalled in centuries. Peter Hain is suggesting that the journey has some limits and, if unchecked, some dnagers. I somehow think the Welsh media and Welsh language media will love this debate !

I pick up a few links to see what is said :

Western Mail

Wales Elects 2007

Blamerbell briefs - (a new regular read for me)

I await local correspondents reactions.

2 comments:

Cai Larsen said...

It seems to me that Hain believes one of two things:

(1) That Wales ain't much of a nation & thus should not be given too much control over it's affairs.

(2) That Wales is indeed a nation, but that it's inhabitants (unlike those of South Africa) can't really be trusted with too much control over it's affairs.

Two vomit inducing beliefs for me at least.

Martin Eaglestone said...

Perhaps the poll suggest that Wales is a nation of many peoples, with a current empathy to unity not independence, but all of whom I am sure would like us to focus the Assembly's efforts on economy, health etc.