Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Plaid welcome my Labour idea !

"Manylu" will be broadcast by Radio Cymru on Thursday evening and this week features on the debate about Victoria Dock/Doc Fictoria in Caernarfon. I firmly beleive the town must pull together and work as "Team Caernarfon" to make best use of the old town and new investment.

I received unexpected suport from Plaid Cymru in the shape of Cllr Richard Morris Jones.

Story below :

LABOUR'S CASE DRAWS SUPPORT FROM PLAID CYMRU

Martin Eaglestone Labour's Assembly candidate has welcomed support from unexpected quarters for his idea of a "Team Caernarfon" to help the town cope with major changes in the coming years. Speaking after the recording of "Manylu" a Radio Cymru programme at the Celtic Royla Hotel in Caernarfon on Tuesday evening he said

"My idea is that the town now needs all sectors to pull together and to agree a clear strategy for the next five years-"Team Caernarfon". I was pleased that Plaid Cymru Councillor Richard Morris Jones welcomed my comments as Gwynedd Council can play a leading role in this strategy. I am pressing these needs and the case for action on Andrew Davies, the Assembly Minister for Enterprise, Innovation and Networks.. I think we have a critical few years for the town in which we must all find a succsessful formula for the integration of the historic town with the new investment at Victoria Dock, or we split and argue amongst ourselves and loose out".

"We must make the best of new investment and use it for the advantage of the whole town".

1 comment:

Martin Eaglestone said...

My point is that Gwynedd need to pull the Team Caernarfon together. It is clear from the programme that many local businesses and others with ideas/entrepreunership are not yet on baord.

I'll let the "henchman" know !