Monday, April 23, 2007

Dylan in attack on Plaid in neighbouring constituencies

Dylan Jones Evans in Aberconwy has got hot under the collar about Plaid's housing policies in the Dwyfor area of Gwynedd. Many people are finding conflicts in Plaid's words and their actions.

Dylan asks some interesting questions, that I have posted about previously.

I do not see a stand alone "locals only" policy as making sense and we need to increase the supply of homes, not just increase demand by first time "bribery" (sorry it was term used by AFJ and Wigley, I meant grants).

However as I read the Assembly guidance issued in June 2006 it already allows much of the action described by Dylan to take place where the council has the evidence of need. I'm not convinced of the need for a "commission" but would support a clear focus of practical effort on bringing public and private partners togetherr to make things happen.

1 comment:

Aled said...

Chances are he went to my school...Ysgol Glan Y Mor in Pwllheli.

Cant believe there were any out and out Tories from there.

Thought they were all "Independents"